Skin treatment most commonly used for improving the texture and appearance of the skin are
- Co2 Fractional Laser Resurfacing
- Chemical Peel
All the above methods destroy and remove the upper layers of the skin to allow skin regrowth.
Fractional laser resurfacing is more precise skin treatment than chemical peels or microdermabrasion.
Choice of technique depends on skin type, concern of patient and dermatologists experience.
Some people may get best results by using combination of skin treatments.
What is fractional laser treatment?
- Fractional laser treatment delivers laser beam divided into thousands of microscopic laser beams that precisely target a fraction of the skin at a time.
- Surrounding healthy tissue remains intact and unaffected.
- This stimulates cascade of healing process leading to new collagen formation throughout the entire treatment area.
- Fractional laser treatment results in faster healing process, than if all tissue in the treatment area was exposed to laser.
- Works at both the epidermal (skin surface cells) and dermal (mid-layer of skin) layer of the skin.
- Results in softening and smoothening of wrinkles and scars
- Machines available with fractional technology- erbium:YAG lasers and Co2 lasers
Advantages of Fractional Laser Treatment
- Excellent outcome with minimal treatment time
- Minimal to no pain during procedure
- Minimal redness or swelling
- Facial lines and wrinkles- Skin rejuvenation
- Acne Scars removal
- Surgical scars
- Chicken Pox Scars
- Stretch marks removal
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation