- A raised scar after an injury which has healed is known as a keloid. When skin is injured, fibrous tissue called scar tissue is formed over the wound to repair and protect the injury. In some cases, scar tissues grow excessively developing smooth, hard growths called keloids.
- Keloids are not harmful to your health, though they may create cosmetic concerns.
- At Vardaan Clinic, you will get the safest and most effective keloid treatment in Delhi.
- A confined area that is flesh-colored, pink or red.
- A lumpy or ridged raised area on the skin.
- An area that continues to grow bigger/ larger over time with scar tissues.
- An itchy patch of skin.
Keloid scars often become larger than the original wound itself. They can take weeks or even months to develop fully. Keloids are more of a cosmetic concern. One may feel self-conscious if the keloid is very large or located in a highly visible location, such as an earlobe or on the face. Sun exposure or tanning can discolor the scar tissue, making it darker than your surrounding skin.
- Acne Scars
- Chickenpox scars
- Ear piercing
- Surgical incision sites
- Vaccination sites
- It may develop even without any injury.
- Corticosteroid injections to reduce inflammation.
- Using pressure or silicone gel pads after injury restricts the over development of scar tissue.
- Freezing the tissue to kill skin cells.
- Laser treatments to reduce scar tissue.
- Radiation to shrink keloids.
- In some cases, surgery can be done for keloids like ear lobe keloid.
Keloid Treatment cost in Delhi depends upon the procedures chosen for treatment and the number of sessions required to reduce patient’s keloid.